The Qmerit Product Development team is looking for a passionate, knowledgeable, DevOps Engineer to join our team and grow with us. Your experience in all aspects of the SaaS software release process and CI/CD practices will help you make a difference in our team. Your ability to define, document, and improve DevOps processes is essential to our success.
At Qmerit, you will have the freedom and encouragement to experiment and innovate, to improve existing processes and invent new ones. You’ll have an opportunity to work on a software platform that solves complex problems and has the potential of reaching thousands of users in the top global brands. You’ll have a tangible impact on our product, our business, and our customers. And you’ll have the satisfaction of being able to look back and say you were a key contributor to something special from its earliest stages.
In this role, you are responsible for ensuring our DevOps and Customer Deployment processes on Azure and GCP cloud platforms. You will be responsible for the production up-time. You will be responsible for collaborating with cross-functional teams to drive DevOps objectives. You will work closely with our customer service team, a customer success team, product management, development, quality assurance, user experience, and our customers to achieve our product delivery goals.
- Own the deployment processes required to meet our release frequency demands
- Achieve highest levels DevOps performance
- Develop best practices for faster customer deployments & superior “go-live” experience
- Become the DevOps champion for the Qmerit product development team
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Applies design standards and procedures to implement basic designs
- Learns how to use and apply engineering tools as needed for this role
- Thoroughly documents work in an organized manner
- Communicates status of work clearly providing visibility to supervisor or mentor
- Responsible for planning own technical work
- Works collaboratively and professionally in a team environment with developers to achieve goals
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in build and release engineering or equivalent
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in provisioning, operating, and managing large scale distributed application systems on Azure or Google Cloud
- Experience with DevOps tools such as Docker, Kubernetes
- Basic Coding experience in one or more of Python and/or Bash
- Understanding of Git and branching strategies
- Experience with working in an agile product development team
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with innovative ideas
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability
- Diplomacy, tact, and poise under pressure when working through customer and release issues.
- Strong organizational and project management skills